Unusually I was really struggling to come up with things for this post, I've had a funny couple of weeks. There's been so much good happening but there was a lot of down moments too for reasons I can't even explain! It's like every now and then I feel it start to kind of bubble under the surface til everything kind of explodes and I have a few days, weeks or months of feeling pretty strange and sad. It's always been this way since I was really small and I don't know if it's normal or weird but what I do know is it's bloody annoying because it makes me not able to sleep or sleep too much. Plus I hate being miserable for no reason, makes me feel like a right n00b! You know this isn't how I usually am and it's the main reason I'll not blog for a bit now and then. I never really tell anyone so why I'm telling you I do not know. But I won't bother rambling about it because what's the point, let's talk about some good things instead!
1. British Vogue. I'd kind of given up on it (soz 'bout that) but if Kate is on the cover then I have to get it! She's put together a pretty cool shoot too!
2. Reading. I feel like it's been ages since I sat and read a book so I read a few over the weekend - Franny & Zooey, Three Sisters and Milk & Honey. I haven't done book reviews for a while so expect some soon!
3. Red lipstick. Because it's the easiest and quickest way to boost ya mood! My current favourite is Arthur, it's not the longest lasting but it's so bright and happy!
4. St Patrick's Day. Went out like a true Plastic Paddy but shockingly not one Guinness was drunk.
5. Meze. I went out for a meal with my mum and stepdad on Saturday and it was just really nice because I don't think I've spent that much time with them recently!
6. Stacey Dooley docs. I bloody love her so caught up with some of her stuff on iPlayer. I watched Girls, Guns & ISIS & Canada's Lost Girls - they were both really powerful and I recommend you give them both a watch if you can!
7. Creme Egg biscuits. The only thing better than a Creme Egg.
8. Nice people. Since emerging back into the 'real world' after being in my CF/transplant bubble I'm remembering how tough a place it can be sometimes...I suppose I had different problems back then! But on the whole I think people are nice and it makes all the difference.
9. A lazy, lazy Sunday. I slept and ate, slept and ate. And it was glorious.
10. The best til last... I found out over a week ago but didn't tell you - I got into uni! I should be doing Fashion & Dress History at Brighton which is v v v exciting. It's funny because I started this blog because I wanted to write about my experiences of having CF and going to uni but had to leave because I got ill. It kind of shows what a journey (ew, sorry) I've been on since I began this blog, it's like I've come full circle! Who'd have imagined so much would have happened since then. Feeling so grateful to my donor as I wouldn't be doing it without them <3