Hello! So it's been a bit of a quiet week I suppose but a good one nonetheless - sometimes it's nice to have a bit of downtime and it's only inevitable really when the weather is this chilly. I've been spending loads of time with family too which is always lovely because they're just mad! Here's more happy things from last week.
1. Wardrobe clearout. I've been having like a mini crisis with my wardrobe recently (I know, #firstworldproblems or what) because I have that classic thing of having a closet full of clothes but not knowing what to wear. I think I need to go back to basics and after a having a bit of a clearout I'm enjoying what I own. I also got rid of a load of pyjamas that just reminded me of ill life on the transplant list and I just didn't want them clogging up space any more. Even though I've been feeling like my own style is a bit lost recently I was super chuffed for the little shoutout on the lovely Helen's blog!
2. Visiting family. My mum and stepdad are on a cruise (see this ridiculous tweet!) and so my grandparents stayed on a little while longer after Christmas instead of heading home to Ireland. We went to see some family for the day and it's nice to catch up over cake!
3. SNOW. We were lucky where we are as it wasn't that heavy so we had all the prettiness minus the agg.
4. Hobbycraft trip. I was quite restrained but still ended up buying crap I don't need. BUT I'm getting stock ready to reopen my Etsy which I'm looking forward to, it was such a fun hobby.
5. Plans for the future. For the first time ever I think I've found something that I would love to do and I hope it all works out! So much to sort out first.
6. Fish and chips with Baby Florrie. She had been to ballet class, I mean HOW CUTE - I can't even.
7. The Fashion & Textile Museum. They had a 1920's exhibition on and I was in dreamland, I just loved it. Also loved being back in Bermondsey, it's where I grew up and I miss it immensely sometimes. But I have a whole post to come on this day out!
8. Dinner at my aunt's. We all got together to say goodbye to my grandparents, it was sad to see them go home but also nice to see them off properly with lots of food!
9. Wuthering Heights. I hate to be big fat cliche but it's one of my favourite books so I watched three versions of it yesterday. I bet it's fairly obvious which is my favourite hahaha.
10. A DIY haircut. The immuno drugs I'm now on post transplant have thinned my hair out terribly - a small price to pay but it was still driving me around the bend! So I chopped a good bit off myself and am now very tempted to go even shorter. It's just hair after all, it'll grow back!