Call it the Reformation/Rèalisation effect, or perhaps I simply have more energy to put the effort in these days (because whilst they look totally effortless, these babes definitely require a lot of fake tan/leg prep on my part) I cannot get enough of little dresses right now! Surprising, given I'm such a tomboy at heart but I am so ready to break away from my jeans. Maybe not my trainers though, but these look just as good if not better when worn with scruffy Converse as well as summer sandals and those block heeled suede pumps that are everywhere right now (Mango have some beautiful pairs in!) When I'm not feeling lazy I love sourcing them from places like Depop, eBay and vintage stores but my go-to is Topshop - they have the best selection right now and I feel like they're the ones that fit me best! So here's my top picks from there and a good dose of Pinterest inspo too. Hopefully you'll find something to inspire you and also, here's hoping the sun makes a reappearance soon too...
2. Stripe Ruffle Wrap Dress £48 - I think this would look amazing with red shoes.
3. Ditsy Print Button Through Dress £29 - I'd never usually go for lilac but this is the perfect colour to wear with a black leather jacket.
4. Broderie Ruffle Dress £46 - Maybe a little too cutesy for me but the detail on this is stunning, make sure you check out the back!
5. Gingham Bow Sundress £39 - I have this and definitely regret not sizing down! I'm looking for the perfect little bralet top to wear under it (a white tee makes me look like a child!) but if I can't find one it may end up on Depop. Shame, because I love it so much!
6. Daisy Ruffle Tea Dress £46 - I have this too and LOVE IT. I know it's like a blogger 'it' piece right now but it's so versatile and pretty, I'm going to get so much wear out of it.
...and a hefty source of inspiration
Photos sourced from: pinterest, Who What Wear, @faithfullthebrand, thereformation.com, Audrey Grace, chanelbags&cigarettedrags, The Moptop, Polienne, Rèalisation, Fashion Me Now
What do you think of this trend? I don't know about you but I'm so ready to embrace being an unapologetic girly girl this summer!